Hi David,

The  related documentation update did fall between the cracks, and is currently
sitting in https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12507

cheers,
gja

On 12/16/2017 07:35, David Wolfskill wrote:
I've started looking into configuring ipfw & dummynet to see if
FQ-CoDel might improve things for my home Internet connection
(residential ADSL).

In the process of reviewing the available documentation, I note that
ipfw(8) has:

| The following case-insensitive parameters can be configured for a
| scheduler:
|
| type {fifo | wf2q+ | rr | qfq}
| specifies the scheduling algorithm to use.

On the other hand, `cd /usr/src/sys/netpfil/ipfw; ls dn_{aqm,sched}*.c`
shows:

dn_aqm_codel.c dn_sched_fq_codel.c dn_sched_qfq.c
dn_aqm_pie.c dn_sched_fq_pie.c dn_sched_rr.c
dn_sched_fifo.c dn_sched_prio.c dn_sched_wf2q.c

(This reflects head @r326875 and stable/11 @r326848.)

So it seems that the list of scheduling algorithms in ipfw(8) is a bit
more restricted than the code supports.

Is this observation correct? If so, is it intentional?

Thanks!

I've set Reply-To.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill da...@catwhisker.org
The US "cannot afford" Trump as President or Roy Moore in the Senate.

See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg
<http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg> for my public key.

--
Professor Grenville Armitage
School of Software and Electrical Engineering