Peter Ankerstål wrote:
> Thanks, Ive looked at the cacti-documentation page and it doesnt seem that
> hard to add new data soruce when you have the OID and so on.. But I have
> one question "jails.jailTable.jailEntry.jailInOctets.X" Lets say I want
> to create
> a graph for a specific jail. How do i know X and doesnt it change over
> time?
> (lets say I add a new jail, or start them in a different order)

That was exactly the problem I faced with cacti, mrtg and other pollers,
and that's one reason why I wrote my own (the other major reason is
performance). It's called rrdbotd:

http://memberwebs.com/stef/software/rrdbot/

It lets you poll a URL that looks like:

snmp://pub...@example.com/jailInOctets?jailHost=jail.example.com

See 'TABLE QUERIES' here:

http://memberwebs.com/stef/software/rrdbot/rrdbot.conf.5.html

http://memberwebs.com/stef/software/rrdbot/rrdbot-get.1.html

In addition rrdbotd can do crazy stuff like track the same jail as it
moves across multiple machines. See 'MULTIPLE AGENTS'. We use quick
failover migration of jails.

Cheers,

Stef Walter