Raphael,

thanks for replying.

> > Okular doesn't open pdf files. It says something about not found plugins
> > (from which I guess it means poppler). I already checked whether poppler
> > was compiled/installed too. Yes, it was - but nonetheless I cannot find
> > any options within the Okular settings to make Okular use poppler. The
> > only "backend" available there is ghostscript. I guess there must be a
> > place where I could tie the two ends of the rope together. But cannot
> > find that place.
>
> The only backend listed in the Backends dialog is Ghostscript here too,
> even though poppler support works fine here.
>
> Did you install poppler-qt4 (or whatever its name was in the ports tree)
> before compiling kdegraphics4?

Yes, has been available all the time.

> Is poppler correctly detected when CMake is
> called in kdegraphics4?

Did re-compile kdegraphics4 just right now and  also Poppler seemed to get
recognized while make. Nonetheless, I again get the "Can not find a plugin
which is able ..." when trying to open a pdf file with Okular. Also, *.pdf is
not amongst the "supported file types".

I guess something in the realm of the configuration (done by the make process)
is broken. But how can I manually fix that ?

Tom