On 5/21/12 6:47 AM, David Windsor wrote:
Hi,

While doing some research on FreeBSD jails, I came across an item in the
jails' TODO:

    - be able to have a separate PID space for it
    - be able to specify a separate UID space for it

In other projects, these goals have been accomplished using namespaces.  I
tried to see if PID/UID namespaces existed in BSD and came across something
called Capsicum, a sandboxing project which does not appear to implement
outright namespaces for descriptors like PID/UID, but uses something called
a "Process Descriptor."

Is namespacing of PIDs and UIDs an eventual goal of the jails project of
FreeBSD?

"kinda"
Note terribly explicitly, but somewhere in our collective subconscious..

Thanks,

David

PS: Excuse my ignorance of anything related to BSD, as I come from a Linux
background.