On Wed, Jul 31, 2013, at 20:55, Josh Beard wrote:

> Starting a jail with a LAN and public address changes the host's routing
> table and will not talk over the public network.  Cycling the netif and
> routing services resolves it.

I'm not aware of the routing issue you're describing. I had a need not
too long ago for a 32bit system to get migrated to 64bit, but first we
needed to run it in a 32bit jail while we formulated the plan. This
server had several NICs on different networks which were all passed to
the jail. Many were private, a couple were public. The routing itself
worked fine; the problem was that raw sockets always picked the first
interface of the jail. The most obvious breakage was ping. However, TCP
and UDP worked fine to all networks. This was 9.0-RELEASE at the time. I
do have a PR for my issue here:

Are you sure you aren't just running into that? Although, I really doubt
restarting routing would fix it, so you must be hitting another
anomaly...