> On 22 Feb 2016, at 09:17, Aristedes Maniatis <a...@ish.com.au> wrote:
>
> Markham wrote:
>
> I also discovered iocage which looks quite different and interesting. I'm
> still reading about it, but it seems to:

another thing you might want to take a look at - given your requirements and
current setup - is jetpack[1]

it basically implements the docker approach using zfs and jails as underlying
technology and pretty much replaces (the unstable) solution of unionfs with its
layers based on zfs snapshots.

while it seems to be the least mature option discussed in this thread so far, i
think its container approach fills a niche that might fit your use case very
well.

having said that, i’d like to point out, that florian and myself (the authors
of bsdploy) are very open to using saltstack - bsdploy is designed to be
modular and we already have experimental support for it [2] and the GPL licence
of ansible is turning into a bigger annoyance than expected[3] so we are
motivated to continue along that path.

just my two cents,

cheers,

tom