> On 18 May 2016, at 14:00 , Grzegorz Junka <li...@gjunka.com> wrote:
>
> Is it possible to have two jails on the same host each one in a different
> private subnet, e.g. 192.168.1.0 and 10.33.1.0, and have routing between them
> working without issues?
>
> I know it's possible to run jails with IPs in those two subnets but it seems
> there is no routing and I am not sure if it's because I can't configure my
> router properly or there is a more fundamental problem. One issue I see is
> that the jail can't have a different default gateway than the host, and that
> for now is 192.168.1.1, but I don't see a reason why 10.33.1.0 wouldn't be
> able to use 192.168.1.1 as it's default gateway provided there is routing
> between those two subnets.

Given they are both on the same base system host,  both addresses are connected
locally and thus the kernel knows where to deliver these packets.  If that
doesn’t work, there is a bug somewhere.

If you want different default gateways then you may want to look into using
different FIBs for different jails.  See route(8) and jail(8) for parameters to
set and tune.

/bz