Mark A Gebert wrote:

> I'm trying to do pptp with mpd-netgraph and a stable kernel build from a day
> ago. Everytime I run it on my IBM T-20 laptop (with fxp interface), it
> negotiates the link and as it's ready to be used the laptop crashes:

I've seen mpd crashes with Cisco VPN servers that are stupid enough to
advertise their own IP address to the client, causing an infinite
encapsulation loop (tunneled packets forwarded over the tunnel).

You could catch that with a sanity check inside mpd (don't accept the
servers physical address for your own use during negotiation). I've not
done this, we simply returned the Cisco box :-)

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>               Information Sciences Institute
http://www.isi.edu/larse/              University of Southern California