Luigi Rizzo wrote:
 >>> BTW if you use polling, you have to be careful in the place
 >>> where you put the call to if_tx_rdy() to make sure that it
 >>> catches the tx queue becoming empty only once and not at every
 >>> polling cycle.
 >>
 >> How about at the very end of sis_intr(), as a new "else" branch of
 >> the queue length check, like this:
 >
 > except that sis_intr is never called when you use polling :(

Doh. You're right, of course.

A new "else" branch of the corresponding "if" in sis_poll() would fire
on each poll while the queue is empty, so I guess I'll put the call at
the end of the "while" loop in sis_txeof(), after the mbuf is freed.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           USC Information Sciences Institute