Thanks.. I was hoping I wasn't seeing things :>
I do not like inconsistencies.. :/

Stefan Lambrev wrote:

Greetings Paul,

------OK I'm stumped now.. Rebuilt with preemption and ULE and preemption again and it's not doing what it did before..
I saw this in my configuration too :) Just leave your test running for longer time and you will see this strange inconsistency in action. In my configuration I almost always have better throughput after reboot, which drops latter (5-10min under flood) with 50-60kpps and after another 10-15min the number of correctly passed packet increase again. Looks like "auto tuning" of which I'm not aware :)

How could that be? Now about 500kpps..

That kind of inconsistency almost invalidates all my testing.. why would it be so much different after trying a bunch of kernel options and rebooting a bunch of times and then going back to the original config doesn't get you what it did in the beginning..

I'll have to dig into this further.. never seen anything like it :)

Hopefully the ip_input fix will help free up a few cpu cycles.