Barney Cordoba wrote:
A possible cause -at least for me- is that HP switched from
the Gigabit Broadcoms for these 10GE versions. So newer
machines (for example the HP BL460c G6) come with Broadcom
57711 instead of the 57xx ones (supported by bge and bce).

I wouldn't use a "new" server that doesn't support Nehelam. You're better
off getting a 1U server that has exactly what you want in it, rather than
having to hope that whoever happens to write a driver for this new part
does a good job. Even then you're stuck with last year's CPU model, guaranteeing 20% less performance.
The BL460c G6 supports Nehalem (Intel 55xx), and 1U server instead of a blade is all what I want.