Hi,
I don't think there is any hard limitation on the total number
of pipes, very likely the number (64) is just some arbitrary
limit that we set, and can be increased through a sysctl or
worst case a compile time constant.

Please have a look at the source code if you can find where
you are hitting the limit, and which parameters are involved.
In case you don't find it, get back to us in a week (we are
busy on a deadline at the moment).

Note that you should look at the netmap code on github, the one in
the freebsd tree is not up to date.

Cheers
Luigi