Michael Grimm <trash...@ellael.org> wrote:

Nevermind, I solved my issue. I has been a minor typo with major consequences.

> Configuration (shown for hostA, only):
>
>       setkey.conf
>               #      hostA          hostB
>   hostA   hostB
>               spdadd 10.1.1.0/24    10.2.2.0/24     any -P out ipsec
> esp/tunnel/1.2.3.4-10.20.30.40/require;

Contrarily to this example line above, my real setkey.conf has had an "in"
instead of "out" :-(

> Achieved sofar:
>
>       #) Allowing arpproxy_all="YES" will satisfy ARP (MACs from opposite
> VNET jails will become assigned).
>            I do not know if that is needed, but now ping from jails to the
> opposite jails will at least start to send ICMP packages.

Now I have to state: yes, ARP proxying is mandatory in my setup.

Hmm, I need to learn more about ARP. Because now I do observe a lot of lines
like …

        | <kern.info> mike kernel: arp: proxy: ignoring request from 10.1.1.1
via epair1a

… and I do not know if I do have to be concerned about those. Do I?

Sorry for the noise!

Regards,
Michael