Dear all,

Reading through the tcp blackhole detection code (support RFC 4821) in FreeBSD
including the recent bug fixes, I am wondering why is it still not enabled in
default? Given the fact that this implementation was a merge from xnu, and the
xnu has enabled it in default, do we have a plan to enable it in default? Or is
there any concern about the side-effect from it as performance regression
against some false positive blackhole event like a temporary link flap, which
is long enough to trigger a lower MSS but shorter than 6 RTO?

https://opensource.apple.com/source/xnu/xnu-1456.1.26/bsd/netinet/tcp_timer.c.auto.html
  << enabled in macOS 10.6
https://reviews.freebsd.org/rS322967  << bug fixes
https://reviews.freebsd.org/rS272720  << merge from xnu