On 11/03/2018 20:57, Marek Zarychta wrote:
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 05:46:52PM +0000, Grzegorz Junka wrote:
On 11/03/2018 06:04, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
11.03.2018 7:01, Grzegorz Junka wrote:

Just do not assign addresses from same network to different
network interfaces
and you will be fine. Assign them all to right interface:

ifconfig_em0="inet netmask"
Interfaces meant to be all equal, last line should be:

OK, I see. So this is in case I want many IPs assigned to the same
interface. What if I want one IP assigned to multiple interfaces (i.e.
so that the additional igb0-3 effectively work as a 4-port switch)?

Please consider bonding all NICs as one bridge(4) interface. Then
multiple IPs could be assigned to such interface.

Many thanks Eugene and Marek for your suggestions. I will now need to decide if I want to fragment the network into subnets or bridge the interfaces.