On 1/4/18 11:58 pm, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
01.04.2018 21:42, Hauke Fath wrote:

I am trying to network a remote site with a main site through a bridged
gif tunnel, and it doesn't work for me.
gif(4) supports only untagged frames when added to a bridge.
You need to create gif-per-vlan or switch to newer vxlan(4).

I have in the past implemented this using netgraph and vnet
but it was quite a log time ago and I forget many of the details
The vnet jail was so that the gif tunnel effectively left from
"another machine" (it was the same machine with a vnet jail)
The reason was so that net failures were "one hop away" and
therefore not so hard to work around.

In the past, I have set up a similar link by tunneling ip over gif, but
routing turned out to be intricate
what problems do you have with routing over gif? It works just fine for me.

and I figured just bridging the exclave with the main site would save me
routing issues,
And bring in bridging issues that are more severe.

plus I could  stick with the existing subnets.
And have extra overhead to pass +14 bytes of headers of MAC addresses per frame.

Single gif+bridge does not support trunks.