> On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 05:07:59PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] /usr/ports/www/bacula-web]# make fetch
> > This port requires the Apache Module or the CGI version of PHP, but you have
> > already installed a PHP port without them.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > This is on a dedicated fetch/NFS server.  It's not supposed to have
> > mod_php installed.  It would be pretty roundabout for me to install it
> > just for the purpose of fetching a package.
> >
> > The machines that mount the ports tree via NFS shares off this do not
> > have any access to the Internet for security reasons.  Thus we use this
> > machine to fetch packages into /usr/ports/distfiles, then we can build
> > them on the secured systems.
> >
> > It would make life easier if "make fetch" and "make fetch-recursive"
> > could ignore these kinds of dependency errors.  It seems to me that
> > "make fetch*" should _never_ fail because of dependencies.
>
> The problem here is that the PHP support code rolls it own IGNORE type
> command and thus you can't easily skip it.  It looks like you might be
> able to get away with running "make fetch" with FALSE=true. to get
> around this.  There probably should be a knob to allow fetching in this
> case.

FALSE=true, huh?  That's classic.  That won't have any side-effects?

I'm no ports expert, but shouldn't this check occur _after_ fetching?  Then,
if the make target was just to fetch, no error.  If the make target was a
build, then the port gets fetched, _then_ the error occurs.  Which is fine
since the admin will probably want to fix the problem anyway, and the
download won't need repeated.

I noticed that the Makefile simply says "WANT_PHP_WEB=yes" which would seem
to indicate that fixing this would fix the same problem for any number of
PHP ports.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.