On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 11:55:43AM -0500, Derrick Edwards wrote:
>       Hi,
> Using portmaster, I get the following error message. Ofcourse, based on the
> specific app the first line changes but the second line is consistent. I am
> currently getting this error message on several other ports on different
> machines.
>
> tar: etc/authlib/authmysqlrc.dist: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
> pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256
>
> ===>>> Backup package creation failed for courier-authlib-mysql-0.58_2
> ===>>> Aborting update
>
> Please help

There's a file listed in the plist that no longer exists which causes
pkg_create -b to fail.  At the moment you can pass the -B flag to
portmaster to avoid backup package creation.  The next release of
portmaster will prompt for an action so you can choose to ignore the
error and continue.

Ideally pkg_create should be made more robust in this case, but I failed
to convince Doug to take that on as a project. :)  It looks like a
somewhat significant change in how pkg_create works since you'd have to
check for the existence of all files and directories before passing them
to tar.  Alternatively, someone could rewrite pkg_create to use
libarchive.

-- Brooks