apropos would do you good :D

On 6/11/07, Scott Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

     On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 05:56:32 +0200 Nikola Lecic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:39:00 -0500 (CDT)
>Scott Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>      Thanks for the gs(1) example.  I have portinstall running right
>> now to install ghostscript-afpl.  I noticed, though, that
>> ghostscript-afpl apparently wants a deprecated version of the
>> ghostscript port installed.  I hope it doesn't wipe out what's
>> already installed.
>
>Actually, the AFPL licensing is abandoned and the development is
>switched to GPL some time ago:
>
>  http://www.ghostscript.com/awki/Releases
>
>GPL version is FreeBSD default (see /usr/ports/UPGRADING, 20070405).
>I'd advice you to use -gpl version.
>
     Okay.  I killed the -afpl version and started the -gpl version.  Then
I noticed that there *is* a ps2pdf already installed.  I could have sworn
I had looked for it and not turned it up.  Sigh.  Oh, well.  portinstall
appears to be upgrading the whole port, so I'll let it continue.
     Thanks again to both you and Frank Mayhar.


                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
**********************************************************************
* Internet:       bennett at cs.niu.edu                              *
*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
* "A well regulated and disciplined militia, is at all times a good  *
* objection to the introduction of that bane of all free governments *
* -- a standing army."                                               *
*    -- Gov. John Hancock, New York Journal, 28 January 1790         *
**********************************************************************
_______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

_______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to