martinko wrote:
Marcus Reid wrote:
Hi,

I had my umask set to 007 and installed some ports, and it broke a
lot of things. Some ports seem to install files with correct permissions,
while others install files with the default umask.  Worse, one port
even changed the perms on /usr/local/lib to 770, which made my system
unusable until I booted into single and fixed it.

Should the ports system check for this and correct the umask before
installing files with bad permissions?

Thanks,

Marcus

Hallo,

We have similar problems here -- default umask is set to 027 and therefore one needs to always remember changing it to 022 prior installing any ports or packages.
Been bitten many times because of this. :-\

Martin

There is an argument that if you set the umask then you are getting exactly what you ask for :)

Kris