On 1/9/08, Andrea Venturoli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello.
> I installed the latest version of this port and it won't start
> automatically, after the script was converted to the new rc system some
> days ago.
>
> I put noip_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf and this seems to get through:
>
> # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/noip rcvar
> # noip
> $noip_enable=YES
>

> However the deamon won't start.
> It obviously does from the command line.
>
> Any hint?

There is an error in the rc.d script, the port dns/noip doesn't
install bin/noip, instead it installs bin/noip2.  But the script is
setting "command=${PREFIX}/bin/noip", when it should be using
"command=${PREFIX}/bin/noip2".

Just change "command" variable in dns/noip/files/noip.in and/or
PREFIX/etc/rc.d/noip to "command="%%PREFIX%%/bin/${name}2".

Scot