I don't mind ports that use the config framework. You can deal with them without trouble by setting BATCH, using portmaster or portconfig-recursive from bsdadminscripts.

But I find ports like ghostscript-gpl that open an ncurses dialogue between configure and build stage very annoying. They are the reason one wakes up in the morning and finds out that instead of having finished all updates, the machine hasn't even started updating, because it's just hanging there, waiting with a config dialogue that doesn't even remember what I choose last time.

I cannot find any policy on interactive ports in the Porters' Handbook. Maybe there aught to be one.