Robert Huff wrote:
Sergey Matveychuk writes:

 > If portupgrade can calculate the depency and launch many ports
 >  build in same time for non-depending ports it's can be
> wonderful. I'm sure it's a good idea. I'd use it too. But I have a very
 little free time with my current employment. So I can't implement
 it. Sorry.

        It is also my understanding that ruby (used to manage the
ports database) a) is not re-entrant and/or b) does not lock the
files it is using/changing.  Having two instances running at once
causes Bad Things(tm) to happen.

It's not a ruby issue. Now you can run a few portupgrade processes if sets of updating ports is not intercepted. Otherwise one portupgrade process can clear a port directory when another process build the port.

--
Dixi.
Sem.