Andy Smith wrote:

I've just installed the latest bind95 P1 ports package, all installed
ok and is working but it hasn't installed the /etc/rc.d/named script
(nor in /usr/local/etc/rc.d) nor is there a script in the ports work
dir called named. Can anyone suggest what I may have done wrong? I
can write a custom script, but Id rather ports put it there so I dont
have to worry about this on every upgrade  and to understand ports
better etc,

You can use the rc script for the base system named. Simply add the following to /etc/rc.conf:

named_enable="YES"
named_program="/usr/local/sbin/named"
named_flags="-c /etc/namedb/named.conf"

        Cheers,