On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:09:11 -0500, Marcin Wisnicki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:30:50 +0100, RW wrote:

I think Bill probably understands that. The issue, as I see it, is that
the warning will just be a warning if you build manually, but if you
build through portupgrade it causes it to fail.

If the intent was to stop the build then IGNORE should have been set
instead.

Well the intent was to warn the user that without PAM, keyring
functionality will be disabled. You are right there needs to be some info
about that in KEYRING option description.

If .warning breaks portupgrade I can change it to IGNORE.

I prefer remove .warning and IGNORE. If user wants to enable keyring then the WITH_KEYRING should be always enable PAM, no matter if user has selected it disable. And, tweak comment in OPTIONS for (reqiure PAM).

Cheers,
Mezz

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]