* Thomas Abthorpe <tabtho...@freebsd.org> [2009-02-12 12:32:13 -0500]:

At any given time, approximately 20 - 25% of all ports are unmaintained. Not all unmaintained ports need updating, but some do. That is where you folks come in. There are a bunch of you out there who are subscribers to this list (and other FreeBSD related lists too, I am sure), you have FreeBSD installed and likely have quite an array of ports installed on this system of yours. You are subscribed as a means of keeping up with the world of FreeBSD.

But you have been holding back, thinking "I really would like to do something to contribute to the success of FreeBSD, but I am not sure what."

The gauntlet has been thrown down, who among you is prepared to pick it
up?

I plead guilty and will look through the list of unmaintained ports to
see if there are any where my skills and interests are a good fit.