Quoting Vinicius Abrahao <vinnix....@gmail.com> (from Sun, 3 May 2009 19:53:16 -0300):

Hi people,

I would like to know WHY this port has so many strange dependencies like GTK
and others Xlibs.

The gd port depends upon X11 stuff when xpm and fontconfig support is enabled. I don't know where you've got the GTK dependency from. For a server, add WITHOUT_X11=yes (I also have NO_X11=yes for compatibility reasons, in case something doesn't respect the WITHOUT_X11 one) to make.conf, this will disable the use of X11 related stuff in ports (you lose functionality you may or may not depend upon).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Save a tree -- kill an ISO working group today.
                -- Jason Zions