Mel Flynn wrote:
On Thursday 09 July 2009 08:51:32 Sean McAfee wrote:
Mel Flynn wrote:
On Thursday 09 July 2009 04:50:41 Sean McAfee wrote:
Thanks for fixing this, but I think that eliminating the ability to use
a feature is just as unacceptable.
I'm more interested in how you guys got xorg-libraries to depend on uuid
in the first place. It doesn't for me and I don't see how it could (not
in RUN_DEPENDS and no mention of e2fs in Mk/*).
Unfortunately, the two libraries aren't interchangeable.
As far as I can tell, it's pulled in by patches for x11/libSM.

And libSM is not mentioned in the OP's pkg_info, which it should be. Also:
x11/libSM/files/patch-src_sm_genid.c
eliminates libuuid dependencies by using the base uuid(3), which has existed since 2002.

As far as I can tell, your ports-mgmt software has been overprotecting this dependency.
Of course, there's a more valid conflict with net/samba3+WITH_DNS_UPDATE.

Eh, however it happened, I'm not too worried since X and PgSQL don't live together around here.

My main concern is that the fix resulted in an inability to use the UUID features of Pg8.4 in a stock ports tree.

--
Sean McAfee
System Engineer