Doug Barton wrote:
Howdy!

I just committed portmaster version 2.12 which includes an
often-requested feature, the ability to specify the -x option more
than once. I also added options to the Makefile for installing
programmable completion files for Bash and zsh. avg gave me a great
suggestion for solving the problems with building virtualbox which I
incorporated in this version as well.

In addition to these changes I did extensive testing on the -x option
in regards to the previous thread about it not working in conjunction
with -r. I could not reproduce any failures using -x with -r, however
in tracing the various code paths where -x might come into play I did
find a couple places where it was not being used consistently which
are now fixed.

Finally there is another new option based on a user request. The
--list-origins feature will produce a list of the origin directories
for all of the root and leaf ports installed on a system. This list
can then be used to duplicate the installed ports on another system or
to feed portmaster after deleting all ports for a major version upgrade.

Enjoy these new features!

Nice improvements!

When you are talking about completion, I am using this for tcsh:

alias    _PKGS_VeRsIoN_    'ls -1 /var/db/pkg'

complete portmaster 'c/--/(force-config show-work clean-distfiles clean-distfiles-all \
    check-depends help version)/' \
    'c/-/(a b B C d D e f F g G h H i l L m n o p r R s t u v w x)/' \
    'n...@*@`_PKGS_VeRsIoN_`@'

It is basic for older version of portmaster, so I am sure it doesn't contain all the options. I can polish it up if you want to include it in you port.

It can be rewritten to not use alias _PKGS_VeRsIoN_. The alias is there because I am using it for other completion in my ~/.cshrc.

And one thing is missing - support for completion of /usr/ports/*

Miroslav Lachman