dave wrote:

After looking at the Makefile again, I noticed that the maintainer of
hs-zlib defined PORTDOCS= * . If I understand correctly, that means you
can put as many files in DOCSDIR as you want. The asterisk will match
everything and you always end up with everything registered in the final
packing list. Right?

If so, the line %%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/LICENSE in pkg-plist would be
redundant, wouldn't it?

Correct.  In fact, it possibly means the LICENSE ends up in the plist
twice, which is almost as bad as it not being mentioned at all.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                 Flat 3
                                                 Kent, CT11 9PW