Quoting Gary Kline <kl...@thought.org>:

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 04:39:19AM -0600, Scot Hetzel wrote:
On 11/26/09, Gary Kline <kl...@thought.org> wrote:
>  > Looks like all the OpenOffice ports have a line like this:
>  >       JAVA_VENDOR=    freebsd bsdjava openjdk
>

>         Okay, so what does this mean I'm going to have to find and
>         build from java-land from Sun?  Anything??

It defines which java ports are allowed to satisfy the java build/run
dependancy.

According to /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.java.mk, any one of these ports will
satisfy the dependancy on java.

freebsd      java/diablo-jdk15, java/diablo-jdk16
bsdjava      java/jdk13 thru java/jdk16
openjdk6   java/openjdk6

If you install openjdk6 before building Open Office, it will use
openjdk6 and you won't need to download any files from Sun.

        Arrgh, welli just mucked around for 90 mins d/loading
        diablo16, plus the tzone-2009p.zip, but the build fumbles.

        i'll build openjdk6 right now.

        thanks.

        gary

        PS:  i may as well ask you if there are other things-java in
        the open realm...  i',m thinking of the kaffee portsand so
        forth.

The nice thing about openjdk6 is that you can use pkg_add -r ;-)