Quoting Frank Staals <fr...@fstaals.net>:

On 12/28/09 15:47, eculp wrote:
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, Denis Shaposhnikov wrote:

Hello,

Does anybody have a port for building mplayer from SVN?

Thanks!
On a sidenote: I used to build mplayer from svn regularly on my
previous system. Updating mplayer usually was quite painless. Simply
'svn up && ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mplayersvn && gmake && gmake
install'. In 99% of the cases rebuilding went perfectly; no patches
required or anything, and I rebuilded mplayer almost weekly. This was
on a i386 system by the way, on my current amd64 install I run into
problems trying to compile the current svn snapshots.

I know it is not as nice as simply having a port. But if you realy need
the svn-releases for some feature XYZ it may be a (temporary) solution.

Are there any killer features missing in our old version from ports?