Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote on Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 09:43:21PM +0100:
> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010, Martin Cracauer wrote:
>
> >Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote on Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 08:46:38PM +0100:

> >>I wonder if people who succeed in building OOo (happens about
> >>twice a year to me) could put their packages on some kind of ftp
> >>server. From their mailing list I get the impression OOo-porting
> >>team could need all kind of help.
> >
> >Might be easier to just slam a Debian into a chroot.
> >
> >How do chroot and Linuxulator play together, anyway? Can I have a
> >random-Linux in /compat/linux and then have a different one in
> >/compat/linux/var/chroot/debian
> >?
> >
> >Alternatively I could just leave this poor notebook alone WRT building
> >and run the same FreeBSD on one of my beefier machines to build binary
> >packages and share the successes.  Would probably involve two complete
> >installations, one with a ports tree that only ever builds OO (and
> >pulls in it's dependencies but nothing else).
>
> If you manage to install OOo in  Linuxolator, please
> publish some kind of HOWTO...

If there is a serious question WRT it does run in the Linux emulator
that would be easy enough to test, I can just NFS-mount one of my
diskless Debians.

> Today I started an experiment: I created a jail as a "clean"
> build enviroment for OOo. Yet it has installed 145 dependencies
> and not even started building OOo.

I expected nothing less.

The Java requirement is particularly annoying on FreeBSD.  And all
that do get a Powerpoint clone with drunker mouse pointer syndrome
written in tcl...

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <craca...@cons.org>   http://www.cons.org/cracauer/