jhell wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:02, rihad@ wrote:
Matthew Seaman wrote:
rihad wrote:
Hi, one of the programs I'm using (freeradius' rlm_perl) segfaults with both Perl 5.8.9 and 5.10, only working with 5.8.8. How can I cleanly install Perl 5.8.8 on a fresh system, without mangling the port Makefile? I've tried putting both USE_PERL=5.8.8 and PERL_VERSION=5.8.8 in /etc/make.conf, but "make fetch" still tries to fetch version 5.8.9.

portdowngrade is what you'ld have to use.  However, perl-5.8.8 has known
security vulnerabilities:

http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/4a99d61c-f23a-11dd-9f55-0030843d3802.html

Would definitely be better to get your program to work with a current
version of perl.

Thanks for pointing this out. However, portdowngrade doesn't help me much:

# portdowngrade -s:pserver:anon...@anoncvs.freebsd.org:/home/ncvs lang/perl5.8

portdowngrade 0.6 by Heiner Eichmann
Please note, that nothing is changed in the ports tree
unless it is explicitly permitted in step 6!

Seeking port lang/perl5.8 ... not found
#

This will work out for you.

PERL_PORT=perl5.10

Nope, it doesn't. I now have this in /etc/make.conf:
USE_PERL=5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=5.8.8
PERL_PORT=perl5.8

Nevertheless portmaster -v lang/perl5.8 still tries to fetch perl 5.8.9, not 5.8.8. portdowngrade doesn't work at all either: