On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:12:42 -0500
jhell <jh...@dataix.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 12:53, gerald@ wrote:
> > On Sun, 7 Mar 2010, jhell wrote:
> >> I still have not resolved the issue or found any leading cause
> >> after scrubbing my ports tree completely and grabbing a new copy.
> >> Also scrubbed my src.conf make.conf and make.conf.local and ran
> >> with and without a jail and can still get those files.
> >
> > So, you are seeing this with a completely virgin ports tree, and a
> > fresh installation?
> >
> > I checked http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?portname=gcc44
> > again and it does not show any error, so _something_ must be
> > different on your side than what others (including myself) are
> > using.
> >

> Strange isnt it.
>
> > Do you have any idea what that might be?  Do you have any special
> > settings regarding the ports collection somewhere?
> >

> I have also done the following with a 7.2-RELEASE iso installed as a
> jail and get the same results.
>
> Fresh ports tree & fresh source of stable/7 in a testbed jail with no
> alterations and running make && make install from lang/gcc44 with
> default options for every port that offered the options dialog & no
> make.conf and no src.conf.

 [ .. ]

This is indeed strange, neither of those make sense to me.

However, there are differences between ports behaviour with stock GCC
and 4.4, like in PR 144208 (in this case adding "-lintl" to CFLAGS gives
the same plist with both gcc versions). I haven't investigate further,
sylvio@ should have more details.

FreeBSD committer -> ite...@freebsd.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B