On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Steven Kreuzer <skreu...@exit2shell.com>wrote:

> To me, it seems like the best behavior would be to default to compiling
> with that set. I'll create
> a patch over the weekend and open a PR

Django and twisted don't need it.  If the only app which does is zope,
defaulting to on seems to be overkill.  No offense to zope users, but I
imagine freebsd zope installs aren't on every corner.  It would be
interesting to hear more feedback from other sources, and your coworker with
the original experience.  Within python, stack size(in regards to sockets)
errors are made quite evident.  What zope does to it I have no idea, maybe
there is some abstraction going on.

My main objection that I use python a lot, especially for quick network
apps.  One example is that I have written a python based NMS, and if every
thread is going to start using more memory, then I will have to do things
differently.  That's okay too, but if others are doing anything similar
there could be more ripples down the road.

--
Adam Vande More