Andrius Morkūnas wrote:
Hi,

I'm Andrius Morkūnas from Lithuania. My Summer of Code proposal was accepted this year and be working on my project, which is to make clang and ports to
be friendly with each other.
My main goals are:
* Create an easy way to set ports compiler to either clang or gcc (and no,
  CC=clang is not a good way to do that).
* Write a tool to detect common problems with individual ports not respecting environment variables like CC/CXX or doing other horrible things that break
  compilation with clang.
* Make Gnome, KDE, Xorg and other widely used things to work with clang.

Having tried clang++ I have a feeling that it's not quite ready to be a generic c++ compiler.
It crashes a lot, fails on many quite simple c++ patterns. Very immature.
Don't you feel it's too early to start project like you are going to given the state of clang with c++? You will just keep stumbling upon various problems with various ports and maybe will make 30% of c++ ports build with it at best.

Yuri