On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 02:29:45PM -0700, Charlie Kester wrote:
> On Sun 30 May 2010 at 13:20:55 PDT Rene Ladan wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >While adding license information to my ports (to be committed), I
> >stumbled upon the following:
>
> Is this something all maintainers should be doing?
>
> Yesterday, while upgrading my installed ports, I noticed a message in
> the output about LICENSE not being defined.  I also see that there's now
> a bsd.licenses.mk and a bsd.licenses.db.mk in /usr/ports/Mk.  I don't
> recall seeing those before, and don't know how long they've been there.
> Anyway, it looks like we're going ahead with this infrastructure, and I
> think that's a good thing.
>
> What actions do you need from me as a maintainer?

They are both fairly new constructs. I don't recall exact dates but they
are new enough that the documentation for them has not caught up yet
that I'm aware of. I'd wait until the Porter's Handbook is updated for
further clarification on what to do.

I'd also say that if you have a regular update planned for a port that
you submit the license information with that.

-- WXS