--On Monday, August 16, 2010 14:09:29 -0700 Doug Barton <do...@freebsd.org> wrote:

On 8/13/2010 11:25 AM, Paul Schmehl wrote:
I want to DEPRECATE security/barnyard.  It's a master port.  The slave
is security/barnyard-sguil.  Is it sufficient to DEPRECATE and EXPIRE
the master? Or do I need to do that to the slave as well?

The simplest and best way to answer this question is to test it. Make
your changes in the master, then go into the slave port and type make.

Thanks, Doug. That confirms for me that the slave port is deprecated automatically when its master port is deprecated.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst