On 8/17/2010 4:07 AM, Matthias Andree wrote:

To be a bit impolite and blunt, if people acted a bit less helplessly --
meaning that the solution is so relatively simple as a one-liner in a
reasonable shell -- there probably isn't a need to change portmaster
code. This can instead go into the portmaster manual as a usage example.

If no one asked or complained there would be no progress. I think you misnterperted my intentions, which were to make the tool easier and more functional for everyone. A lot of complex tasks can be accomplished with a 1 line amalgamation of grep, awk, perl, etc. This doesn't mean we shouldn't build tools that simplify those tasks, hence the portmaster tool itself.

And telling what this is up to doing without committing to it is as
simple as prefixing "echo" to the whole line.

You assume my level of commitment because i didn't produce code before asking the author for his opinion? Ok..