Hi everyone!

        Thank you for my reply.

        This problem is 'Yet another minor release engineering' for
        all the world other environments.  If you can give assurance
        upgrading ports, you can stop the daemon (at least, I want to
        restart it:-).  But it's toooooooo difficult, and I(we?)
        don't/can't want your assurance.

        If the daemon doesn't stop (keep the daemon running), I(we) am
        given a little grace to update environment like configuration
        files.  If the daemon stop, I(we) should correspond updating
        at once.

        In theoretically, we update ports like following operation:
        1. Check updating lists like portversion -L =.
        2. Check updating documents before portupgrade XXX.
        3. portupgrade every once, and update environments (including
           restart OS).
        4. repeat 3.

        But it's hard, so in practice:
        1. portupgrade -aR.
        2. Check updating documents, and update environments.
        3. repeat 3.
        4. restart OS if needed.

        So please regard such as system managers!

--
Norikatsu Shigemura <n...@freebsd.org>