On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:04:35 -0500, Ade Lovett <a...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2010, at 16:21 , Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
>> Could you please post that errors?
>
> freebsd% setenv DISPLAY remote:0
> freebsd% VirtualBox
>
> Wait for UI to pop up, click on 'Settings' for any virtual host,
> VirtualBox crashes with:
>
> Qt WARNING: QGLContext::makeCurrent(): Cannot make invalid context current.
> Segmentation fault
>

> (remote) in this case has been (so far):
>
> MacOSX 10.6 with Apple's X11.app
> MacOSX 10.6 with XQuartz.app
> Windows XP with cygwin/X
> Windows 7 with cygwin/X
> Xvnc on the FreeBSD box, then using either the Mac or Windows box to
> fire up a vnc client to get to the Xvnc.

That makes more sense now. Looks like the 2D acceleration
unconditionally requires OpenGL. You will find a lot of MythTV users
with exactly that problem and they usually switch to Qt rendering. Don't
know if vbox has such a possibility.

I think it makes sense to add an OpenGL option that disables it all
together. Can you try if it works for you when you reenable VIDEOHWACCEL
in the Makefile and add CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--disable-opengl somewhere?

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/