On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 12:22:59AM +0300, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov thus spake:
16.01.2011 23:44, Jason Helfman пишет:
On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 08:25:18PM +0300, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov thus spake:
As you can see this patch indeed eliminates using of git, because this
part isn't really needed for erlyvideo to work.

Read this wrong. Thanks, for pointing this out.

You may wish to consider a for loop on the make install target.
Are these directories created during the install process of the package? I
didn't see these directories created outside of the Makefile.

Do you mean something like this?

DIRS=   /var/lib/${PORTNAME}/movies /var/lib/${PORTNAME}/plugins \
        /var/log/${PORTNAME} ${ERLYDIR} ${ETCDIR} ${WWWDIR}
.for dir in ${DIRS}
        ${MKDIR} ${dir}
.endfor

Yes, however are they created during a pkg_add command? Consider a recent
patch I submitted for comms/minicom.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/153749

Directories created in Makefile process, aren't created in the packaging
process, unless you are putting the operations into a pkg-install or an
@exec operation in pkg-plist, respectively.

That is my understanding, and what I have found in fixing ports here and
there. I fixed the packaging for www/tomcat55, as well. I found that as a
port it worked fine, however package installation would fail.

I noticed many '.gitignore' files in the pkg-plist. Is this necessary? I've
never worked with git before, or this application.

No, it isn't needed. I'll try to delete them before install.

If it is included in the source, you can just add a post-patch operation
that does a find and removes them, and remove them from the pkg-plist, as
well.

When submitting this as a port through the PR system, I would suggest using
the shar utility:

Yep, i know. I post the diff just to make it easy to comment in email.

I see. Good idea.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-submitting.html

-jgh

Thank you for your suggestions!