Quoting Jan Henrik Sylvester <m...@janh.de> (from Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:35:05 +0100):

There is one more problem to solve: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2010-December/008264.html

That mail go unanswered (at least as far as the mailing list archive goes). Probably, the procedure above would have to be put into a shell script for a willing commiter to repeat. Every time this vulnerability comes up at ports@ or emulation@, some commitor ask for a (trusted) rpm to fix it. Thus, there might be one.

There was another person doing something similar too. I got a little step-by-step guide how he did it. Currently (after two months without time to have a look at it) I am downloading an F10 install image which I want to feed to virtualbox to compile a fixed pango version. If nothing urgent interferes, you can expect a commit in the not so distant future (maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but maybe next week).

For me, the real question is: Considering the age of Fedora 10 and the time it has not been supported anymore, it is likely that there are more vulnerabilities in our Linux-f10 framework that are not documented in our vulnerability database. Does fixing the pango vulnerability really make the Linux emulation save? (Is it worse the it?)

Good question. Feel free to have a look at the RPMs from linux_base-f10 and find out if there are unfixed vulnerabilities.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Make it right before you make it faster.