On 27/02/2011 17:39, Heino Tiedemann wrote:
Hi There,

after update tu the new xorg on my FreeBSD8 my system crashes all time
I start X.

There is no mouse responding (no light in the mouse), the screen turns
black and the system is not respondig by keybord.

There is only a way out by hard-reset.

The advice in UPDATING makes no fifference:

      "Section "Device""
        Option "int10" "on"
        Option "BusType" "PCIE"
        Option "RenderAccel" "on"
        Option "AccelMethod" "exa"
        Option "DynamicPM" "on"
        Option "DRI" "on"

System: FreeBSD 8.2-PRERELEASE #0: Thu Feb  3 23:46:34 CET 2011

Video-Card:

drm0:<ATI Radeon AR 9600 XT>  on vgapci0
info: [drm] AGP at 0xf4000000 64MB
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.31.0 20080613
info: [drm] Setting GART location based on new memory map
info: [drm] Loading R300 Microcode
info: [drm] Num pipes: 1
info: [drm] writeback test succeeded in 1 usecs

The old driver works fine: xf86-video-ati613-6.13.2

Are trhere any logs arround, if the System freezes?

Heino

For me it worked fine, but one time my screen goes black suddenly and system crashed, don't know if it's another awful panic or something else but nothing in /var/crash neither in /var/log/Xorg.*.log but the dmesg after reboot says that / was not properly dismounted ...

--
David Demelier