On 03/23/2011 11:34, Olivier Smedts wrote:
2011/3/23 Doug Barton<do...@freebsd.org>:
On 03/23/2011 03:48, Peter Jeffery wrote:

If I was looking for the Opera port, I'd look in www-clients and if
it wasn't in there then the next thing that I would be doing is hand
searching the INDEX file

cd /usr/ports/&&  make search name=opera

Or
find /usr/ports -maxdepth 2 -name opera
Slower than make search but faster than building an INDEX file before
make search !

Who said anything about building an INDEX? :) If you use portsnap to update your ports tree it comes along for free. If not, then 'make fetchindex' will do the trick for you.

Doug

                        -- OK Go