On 09/19/11 11:17, Scot Hetzel wrote:
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 4:56 AM, Thomas Mueller
<mueller6...@bellsouth.net>  wrote:
> From Scot Hetzel<swhet...@gmail.com>:

The circular dependancy is being caused by audio/jack,
graphics/graphviz and devel/sdl12:

audio/pulseaudio
  - audio/jack
  -- devel/doxygen
  --- graphics/graphviz
  ---- graphics/devil
  ----- devel/sdl12
  ------ audio/pulseaudio

There are several ways to break the circular dependancy:

1. Turn the DOC option OFF for audio/jack.
2. define NOPORTDOCS when installing devel/doxygen (breaks dependancy
on graphics/graphviz)
3. Turn the DEVIL option OFF for graphics/graphviz
4. Turn the PULSEAUDIO option OFF for devel/sdl12

I already had DEVIL off for graphics/graphviz.

Sounds like you have the other circular dependancy ;-).  There are at
least 2 ways to create this circular dependancy, and at one point I
had documented both cases.  Unfortunately, I am unable to locate it
today.

You would need to capture a log of the build process to identify the
cause of your circular dependancy.

Scot

Hey everyone, I maintain devel/doxygen (sorry I didn't add my 2 cents earlier, I've been a bit busy) and was looking at this particular thread. I know someone filed a PR regarding the circular dependency, stating that it might be best to split apart doxygen so one port builds just the program and another port build just the documentation. I am not sure if that is the best thing to do or not. I've been wanting to push out an update to doxygen but this has been a stopping block for me.

Naram Qashat