I see seven options for emulators/wine port, all turned off by default:

OPTIONS=        CUPS    "Use CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System)"        Off \
                GNUTLS  "Use GnuTLS"                                    Off \
                HAL     "Use HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer)"          Off \
                LDAP    "Use LDAP"                                      Off \
                LIBXSLT "Use libxslt (only used by msxml3.dll)"         Off \
                OPENAL  "Use OpenAL (3D audio library)"                 Off \
                WINEMAKER "Fully support winemaker (requires Perl)"     Off

I want to know which ones I need in order to print and get other functionality.

Do I need CUPS to print with wine, or will printing work the MS-Windows way
without cups?  I also want fax and scanning for my multifunction laser printer,
HP n1212mf.

I don't even know what winemaker is, and don't know if HAL would be desirable
or would get in the way.

Tom