Hi all,

Could anyone give me some hints on how to set up an environment to
develop and test new ports? I see some people use tinderbox. Are
tinderbox's jails the best way to write and test ports? What are the
alternatives? Would be enough to have a fresh freebsd installation on
a virtual machine or is it better to prepare a chroot?

I read the porter's handbook but it didn't seem too clear to this
respect. Any other information source that I should refer to?

Sorry if these are too many questions... just one more :) could you cc
me? I'm not subscribed to the list.

Thanks in advance.