On Oct 11, 2011 5:07 PM, "Erwin Lansing" <er...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Since the release has been pushed back some more since the last mail, we
> do have some time to test a possible fix for the issues we're seeing
> with libtool on FreeBSD 10.0.

[snip]

> to move forward.  Other options include the big find/grep/awk solution
> that has been posted several times and fiddling with uname to go to
> FreeBSD 9.99 for a while, while ports can be fixed.

I would vote for a prominent message in the places people who run -CURRENT
are meant to pay attention to (this mailing list and UPDATING and the ports
equivalents).

The message should point people to a web site (wiki?) with the latest news
on how to report and provide patches for fixes with guidance on typical
solutions.

After all, this is -CURRENT and it's users are meant to be contributing
fixes and are not expected to require their hands to be held.

This I believe would be a good method to leverage the community so as to
distribute the fixup problem.

In particular the hack of 9.99 is likely to cause more problems and should
be avoided.

My 2ยข